Sunday, June 3, 2012

I step off a 19th Century steam engine into a desert landscape. The rock formation feel wrong, like undersea eroded stone, filled with curious gaps.

I walk toward a house built into a cliff face. It looks like the porch to my grandmothers old house, but blended into the rock. It's windows reflect the grey sky.

I enter, and notice a side doorway to my left. Outside is a primordial ocean, filled with algae. In the distance, more alien rock formations. I begin to panic. I don't know where I am, and retconned into my dreamscape are two children. One is sick, and needs help.

Though the window, I notice two beings approaching in the distance. I mistake them for dinosaurs, but realize they are pink-skinned, with hides like an elephant. They walk on reverse jointed legs, with a long neck ending in a humanoid like face. I'm frozen in terror, watching these two beings approach the front door. One looks right at me, and speaks: Hello, do you need help? 

Confused, I open the door. I ask how it can speak English, and the second being explains. They are from a parallel reality where their galactic cluster is in close proximity to Earth. While lacking contact, they know rudimentary English communication. I don't know how this is possible. They gesture to the sky, and instead explain that this world is in the process of being adapted to suit their biology. The beings offer me supplies, including tube-like respirators for myself and the two children. We are to use these during the terraforming process to avoid suffocation.

As shock-waves sounding like fireworks explode in the sky, I hold the breathing tube over my nose and mouth. One child runs off down a darkened hallway, blending into an institutional setting. A janitor watches me from the unlit hallway. The dreamscape is rapidly changing, but I want to know more about the pink, long necked creatures. I look back, and the alien landscape is gone. Outside the hallway windows is a bright light.


No comments:

Post a Comment