Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I dreampt of a boat, and a group of small islands with long forgotten docks and collapsing bridges between. My small boat became wrecked in the dark, navy waters while gray, water-coloured clouds surged in the sky.

I felt a great pressure on my chest and in my mind - I sank below the waves, an a throbbing pulse filled my ears.

I stood on the sea floor - a mere 2 stories below the waters surface. A man-like Dolphin stood beside me, and gestured towards the submerged horizon. Sandy reefs, and a catacomb network of ancient stone walls stretched out in every direction.

Below the waves, everything was still. I noticed with great pleasure that I no longer needed to breathe. When I did, my lungs filled with water, but this did not cause me to choak. Instead, like the special water in The Abyss (film), I was supplied with the air I needed. I inhaled infrequently.

Feeling the familiar weightless pressure of a large body of water, I felt at peace. I wasn't dying, but instead existing in a state of limbo.

The weight of emotion and the future was replaced by the warm weight of the water - it's familiar tidal surge rocking me slightly where I stood. This dreamworld stood without preconception, and without doubt. I wanted to live in this gray world of breathable water forever.

The man-dolphin swam away into a submerged staircase leading downward. I followed it into the receding darkness.